Gluten free stuffing or dressing that is sweet with a bit of savory and simple to prepare! Perfect for Thanksgiving or your holiday meal!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8” x 8” casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until lightly golden brown about 7 minutes. Add poultry herbs and sauté about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together egg with chicken stock and herb mixture. Add toasted bread cubes, apples and raisins. Stir to combine and let rest for about 15 minutes until the mixture is soaked up by the bread.
4. Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
5. Bake until the top of the stuffing is lightly crisp and golden brown, about 50 minutes.
6. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
You can make this with traditional bread as well as gluten free. Recipe is adaptable for your favorite extras, such as sausage, walnuts, celery. ***Tastes much better when you make this recipe a day or two ahead!