Easy Salted Caramel Apple Tart
Easy to prepare apple tart made with dulche de leche and bacon for a sweet and salty taste.
- 1 8 oz can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 cups (about 4) apples, peeled and sliced Granny Smith or other tart apple
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup dulce de leche canned dulce de leche milk based caramel
- 2-3 pieces cooked bacon (crispy)
- Himalayan sea salt (to taste)
- cinnamon (to taste)
Preheat oven to 375 and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll crescent dough and place on pan, pinching seams together and rolling sides slightly to create a border. Bake until golden in color about 10 minutes.
While crust is baking, peel and slice apples and combine apples, butter and sugar in a skillet. Cook over medium heat stirring often for about 8 minutes until tender.
Remove crust from oven and spread about 1/2 of the dulce de leche. Arrange the apples on top neatly in a layer.
Dice bacon and sprinkle on top, then add salt and cinnamon to taste.
Heat the remaining dulce de leche in the microwave for about 20 seconds until thin. Drizzle artfully over top.