Caramel popcorn crunch recipe that truly without exaggerating is the best that I’ve ever tasted and I think that you’ll agree! I got this recipe from a friend years ago when the kids were little and have been making it every Christmas season since then. It’s easy to make up a big batch of this crunchy goodness and perfect for a party nibble.
Today I’m joining in the Tastes of the Season Holiday Recipe Series, hosted by my talented friend Kristen of Ella Claire Inspired.
Like most of my recipes you can add your own favorites bits to change it and make it your own. Not only is this stuff fabulous party food, but get some of those decorative Chinese take-out containers and fill them up for gifting. My caramel popcorn crunch isn’t the stuff of Cracker Jax, and has a unique flavor with oodles of…noodles!
Caramel Popcorn Crunch
- 12 cups popped popcorn bagged popcorn to save time
- 1 3 oz can chow mein noodles
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts use honey roasted for sweetness
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a lightly greased large roasting pan
- Combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until mixture boils. Remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda, mixture will bubble.
- Pour over popcorn mix and stir with lightly greased long handled spoon.
- Bake at 250 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour out on wax paper and break into chunks as it cools. Store in airtight container.
Please visit my talented friends below!
4 Minute Decadent Microwave Fudge by Ella Claire | Gluten/Dairy Free Rice Krispies Christmas Trees by Zevy Joy | Dipped Marshmallows by My Sweet Savannah | Individual Chocolate Souffle by Town and Country Living | Santa Munch Christmas Popcorn by Tidy Mom
Mini Skillet Cookie Cakes by Inspired by Charm | Cinnamon Buns by So Much Better with Age | Peanut Butter Fudge by Anderson + Grant | Peppermint Brownies by Nina Hendrick Design Co. | Deconstructed Apple Pie Bites by Taryn Whiteaker
Christmas Energy Snack Bites by Nest of Posies | Peppermint Bark by Boxwood Avenue | Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles by Tidbits | Keto Cinnamon Sugar Pecans by Home Stories A to Z | Candy Cane Pretzels by My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia