Aqua is the perfect color to bring the beach coastal look in and a color that you can truly use year round. Like on this mantel! You don’t need a mantel to style this way and can do a similar look on a shelf or bookcase and even create fall table decorations by piling the pumpkins on high. I showed you how to do that in THIS POST, one of the most popular around here!
Let’s go through a little step by step to get you started!
Coastal Fall Mantel Ideas With Velvet Pumpkins
- Clear the clutter…just like I always recommend when styling something new.
- After clearing the previous clutter I wiped down the mantel and added some silver tipped eucalyptus just tossed lengthwise across the mantel.
- Then I just began layering and you can see more of how I styled this look in the straight on photo below. Don’t just line things up…look at your angles and put some of the pumpkins sideways or prop against the wall or each-other.
- Watch for movement of color and use a variety of colors in your mix.
- Add in any additional accessories, and here I added some velvet acorns, old tattered books and some white roses. Notice how I used a vintage Mason jar to hold some roses and picked the color aqua back up in that?
I can envision these on my beach farm table and they will make for a fabulous centerpiece. You can see that I don’t have a million gazillion velvet pumpkins here, but have filled in with a bird’s nest and everything else that I’ve mentioned. This is how you stretch your decorating dollar to go further…by filling in your main focal point with what you already own or can grab from the garden!
Fall is my favorite season and I have so many great things planned to share with you coming up! Do you have a specific request? I’d love to hear from you via comments below and don’t forget that you can subscribe and never miss a post!