Decorating DIY Floral Easter Eggs is such a fun activity and it’s even better if the young ones volunteer as well. I have a big crush on the floral-theme this year and I am super excited to share it with you.
You’ll be surprised of all the unique DIY floral Easter egg ideas you will find out there. The decoupage technique is really easy and popular, but there are other methods worth trying such as hand-painting, and applying pressed flowers among others.
I think floral motifs are perfect for decorating Easter eggs and they really bring a fresh Spring vibe into the house. Have you ever used a floral theme for egg decorating and what method did you use? Here are 20 ideas to get you started –
1. Decoupage Easter Eggs from sincerelysaturday.com
Find some cute paper napkins with coordinating patterns and create a varied and colorful collection of Easter eggs using the decoupage technique.
2. Botanical Easter Eggs from thehousethatlarsbuilt.com
Using acrylic paint to decorate paper mache Easter eggs can be a highly rewarding activity. Follow this tutorial for amazing results that will impress your guests!
3. Paper Flower Easter Eggs from tellloveandparty.com
Here is an easy idea the kids will probably be very happy to help you with. Use bright colors to dye the eggs and apply cute paper flowers. How simple is that?
Try Your Hand At Painting!
4. Watercolor Flower Easter Eggs from eliseenghstudios.com
Painting Easter eggs with watercolors can be so fun! Use a loose painting style to keep things simple but still get wonderful results.
5. Watercolor Painted Eggs from craftberrybush.com
This is another watercolor egg painting project that might seem intimidating. However, simply follow the video guide and enjoy the process even if you might not come out perfect from the first try.
6. DIY Pressed Flower Easter Eggs from hellonest.co
Plain white eggs decorated with pressed flowers have such a delicate look that will make your Easter table look special this year.
DIY Floral Easter Eggs – So Posh!
7. Peggy Porschen Painted Easter Eggs from poshlittledesigns.com
If you’re willing to go an extra mile for your watercolor painted eggs give this project a try. The Peggy Porschen theme is adorable!
8. Simple & Pretty DIY Decoupage Easter Eggs from hip2save.com
The decoupage technique is super easy and it lets you use your favorite napkins.
9. DIY Tattooed Watercolor Easter Eggs from prettylifegirls.com
Decorating Easter eggs with floral tattoos is another simple idea that looks fabulous! This is definitely a great last-minute Easter egg decor idea.
Use Wood Scraps!
10. Wood Grain Folk Art Flower Easter Eggs from flaxandtwine.com
These rustic folk art Easter eggs are decorated with furniture wrap samples. Use the provided template to trace then peel, and stick.
11. Watercolor Floral Eggs from dreamalittlebigger.com
Painting in watercolor may seem complicated so if you are new to it try this lovely design. It’s easy to make but looks great!
12. Dried Flowers On Easter Eggs from thehousethatlarsbuilt.com
I love how this project came out. The dried flowers are very delicate but the Mod Podge seems to be holding them really well.
13. Easy DIY Rifle Paper Co. Easter Eggs from ajoyfulriot.com
Rifle Paper’s wrapping paper looks gorgeous but it may not be readily available in your area so you can use any other you’d like. I am sure it will end up looking amazing anyway.
14. Gorgeous DIY Floral Easter Eggs from designimprovised.com
If you didn’t plan pressing your flowers on time, you can always try decorating your eggs using artificial flowers. They are sturdier than the dried ones and actually resemble fresh flowers a lot!
15. How To Decorate Easter Eggs With Tattoos from diycandy.com
Tattooing Easter eggs is a project little ones will enjoy too. Using gold foil floral tattoos gives such impressive results. These Easter eggs look so glam!
16. Decoupage Floral Easter Eggs from mydearirene.com
How cute are these diy floral Easter eggs that are decorated with flower pot cut outs from paper napkins?!
17. Origami Paper Covered Easter eggs from dreamalittlebigger.com
Cutting paper into origami patterns before wrapping it onto the eggs creates some interesting effects. The whole process looks so fun!
18. Torn Tissue Eggs from stonegableblog.com
You can use plastic or paper mache eggs for this Mod Podge project but the shell of real blown-out eggs has a delicate texture and feel you can’t get otherwise.
My Favorite Diy Floral Easter Eggs!
19. Hand Painted Easter Eggs from craftberrybush.com
Here is another stunning watercolor egg painting project you can try at home. Remember you can use a completely different color scheme to match your Easter decorations.
20. Floral Easter Eggs With Printable Decals from howaboutorange.blogspot.com
If you have some temporary tattoo paper on hand and some eggs in the fridge you don’t even need to leave the house to get supplies. Print the provided decals then apply the tattoos on the eggs.
Check out my post on decorating Easter eggs with vintage millinery!