I’ve talked a lot about shopping your own home and I believe that many of you do just that. You are busy moving this and arranging that until it suits your needs or the season.
Affiliate links have been used in this post
How To Arrange Your Living Room Furniture
*TIP* Take a few shots with your smart phone and you’ll find that things aren’t exactly always how they appear to the naked eye!
Create texture and add personal objects and step back to take a look, just as an artist does who’s painting a picture. See the big picture in your room and here are some more tips to think about…
- Balance your room by mixing large pieces with light pieces…such as my garden tables brought in from outside above. They are lacy and airy and appear to “lift” the room.
- Do you prefer symmetry or enjoy creating a look a more casual look? Pairs of chairs (lamps, etc) will give your room a more formal stature where single objects are more relaxed in feel.
- Be sure to leave some negative space, just as you would in a photograph or a painting.
- Does your room need to be multi-purpose? Create areas or zones by grouping your furniture or with area rugs.
- Be flexible and keep your eyes wide open for seasonal changes and shop your own home and have fun in your designing!