You can do a lot of fun rearranging with your living room home furniture! All it takes is a little bit of creativity and some space to make it happen!
I’ve talked a lot about shopping your own home and I believe that many of you do just that. You are busy moving this and arranging that until it suits your needs or the season.
How To Arrange Your Living Room Home Furniture
Tips for arranging your home furniture
Consider having a focal point in all your living areas
Home decorating *TIP*
Take a few shots with your smart phone and you’ll find that things aren’t exactly how they appear to the naked eye!
Use your home furniture to make your house cozy
Create texture and add personal objects and step back to take a look, just as an artist does who’s painting a picture. See the big picture in your room and here are some more tips to think about:
- Balance your room by mixing large pieces with light pieces…such as my garden tables brought in from outside above. They are lacy and airy and appear to “lift” the room.
- Do you prefer symmetry or enjoy creating a look a more casual look? Pairs of chairs (lamps, etc) will give your room a more formal stature where single objects are more relaxed in feel.
- Be sure to leave some negative space, just as you would in a photograph or a painting.
- Does your room need to be multi-purpose? Create areas or zones by grouping your furniture or with area rugs.
- Be flexible and keep your eyes wide open for seasonal changes and shop your own home and have fun in your designing!