How To Style A Dough Bowl
- Think of dough bowl decor as a piece of art, unto its own! Take your dough bowl to a distraction free place when filling and be sure to turn it as you fill. Look at it as you would a flower arrangement from all angles.
- Are you going to style a dough bowl to use as seasonal decor? Ask yourself what bits and pieces would be appropriate for the season?
- If you’ve just purchased a dough bowl, you might wish to have some staple pieces as filler that can be used year round. Shop your home as well for whatever speaks to you seasonally to create your layers.
- To style a dough bowl for a table centerpiece, be sure to keep the height low to allow conversation to flow.
SHOP BOWL FILLERS BELOW
My friends know how to style dough bowls and give you ideas. Tap below the photos for more information.
SEASONAL DOUGH BOWL DECOR
Soft For Summer
A dough bowl can be painted and this white dough bowl speaks of summer filled with peonies and eucalyptus on a kitchen island.
Summer wouldn’t be summer without the beach, so bring home those seashells and driftwood pieces to use in your dough bowl. Add some fishing floats and perhaps a candle or faux candle and set it on the sideboard to remind you of coastal adventures.
Forage For Fall
Citrus in a dough bowl makes for a sweet transition from the summer season to early fall. Forage your garden for greenery to clip, add as the first layer in the dough bowl styling and then top with fruit. Use oranges, apples, pomegranates or any fruit that will hold up well for a couple of weeks of display.
Candles add warmth to a dough bowl centerpiece on a table. Be sure not to leave candles burning unless you are there to watch! The dough bowl centerpiece below is perfect for your Thanksgiving table.
Whether decorating a sideboard or buffet or creating a table centerpiece, a dough bowl will hold just the right seasonal bits. White Christmas ornaments aren’t just for Christmas and can be used as filler for any bowl year round. Be sure to keep a box of them out to use in your styling!
Candles in seasonal colors and in this case blue to suggest the cool tones of winter. Using pillars in glass is safer and can be used outdoors. Bits of foraged dried seed pods are in place and free from the garden.
Pinecones, moss balls and beautiful flowers make this flowery table centerpiece dough bowl perfection.
If you prefer a more subtle approach, a few pine cones, snips of greenery and prayer beads will work for months on end.
Many of these dough bowl styling tips can cross the seasons. This dough bowl decor is a favorite for spring with it’s soft blue and I spy a bird and nest. You are really limited only by your imagination in styling a dough bowl and it’s a great way to leave a centerpiece on your dining table year round!
Where To Display Your Dough Bowl
- As you enter your home the foyer table can showcase your seasonal style and set a tone.
- A dining room table perhaps isn’t used as often as formal dining rooms in the past. Why not set a dough bowl out for the season and make it a focal point to enjoy!
- On your kitchen island, fill with flowers…either dried or faux.
- Don’t overlook dough bowl decor on your coffee table. Toss in some bowl filler that you can find in most discount shops.
I hope that you learned some tips and if you have a dough bowl just don’t be intimidated to experiment and have fun! One word of caution…I would not recommend putting food that you intend to eat into a dough bowl unless you are absolutely certain that it hasn’t been treated with anything that may be toxic to ingest. Happy dough bowl styling!
This post was originally published in January 2016 and had been updated with new information and photos.