Applying GOLD LEAF
This is a simple but messy process, and fun to do! You can apply gold leaf to so many surfaces, such as metal, wood, and something that I’m going to try soon… apply gold leaf to canvas. This pack contains 100 sheets of GOLD LEAF plus 100 sheets of COPPER LEAF and 100 sheets of SILVER LEAF. At under $20 it’s a great price and you can work on projects galore. I think that the copper leaf would be so chic on one of these DIY light fixtures!
How To Use Gold Leaf Sheets
- You’ll need some MOD PODGE or good old school glue, and a soft brush.
- To apply gold leaf to metal piece, you first want to make sure that the surface is clean and free of dust.
- Take a soft bristle brush and give your piece a coat of Mod Podge where you’d like to apply the gold leaf sheets. You could substitute with slightly watered down white school glue.
- Letting the glue set until tacky and then carefully apply some of the GOLD LEAF.
- I didn’t want to cover the entire piece, but you could by laying on in several layers that overlap.
- Let the GOLD LEAF dry for a little while and then rub it into the crevices with your fingers. Wear latex gloves to keep it off your hands if desired.
- When satisfied, spray on some clear sealer like this one.