Scandinavian Interior Design is generally based on a white palette and minimalistic yet full of texture. As many of us are embracing letting go of material clutter, a softer look with a few key elements can keep it interesting and allow for serenity. We are sharing 20 gorgeous designers today, so you’re sure to find something to spark your zen!
Lush green plants add so much to a clean interior and keep it from being boring. In my recently remodeled kitchen I’m adding more plants including potted herbs and greenery cut from the tropical garden outdoors. In this home below, natural wood walls are accented with plants, a textured rug and accents of black to define.
This home tour (below) is far from boring gaining texture and interest from the rustic wood dining set, the shell chandelier, the pops of black, plants and a textured rug to ground the room. An easy breezy summer look, and by changing just a singular accent such as the sailing ship you can move forward into any season. An enticing aspect of Scandinavian interior design is the lack of clutter resulting in the ease of accenting seasonally.
Simplicity with a DIY dining table and I find that the more modest the decor, the individual elements stand out.
SHOP THE POST – SCROLL AND TAP BELOW
5 Key Elements Of Scandinavian Decor
- Softly muted and minimal color palette
- Negative space and a feeling of breathing room
- Texture with cozy rugs, pillows and textiles
- Modern and simple furniture and yes…it can be from Ikea
Take a look at the projects and rooms that we’ve gathered below and I’d love to hear if you have a favorite in the comments!
Scandinavian Interior Design – 20 Gorgeous Homes
- A Scandinavian, Industrial Interior In NYC†from happygreylucky.com
- Wall Art DIY†from abeautifulmess.com
- Secrets Of Scandinavian Laid-Back Ambience from monsterscircus.com
- Scandinavian Style Knotted Trivet from we-are-scout.com
- Bunkie Makeover: Inside A Scandinavian Inspired Guesthouse On Lake Superior from danslelakehouse.com
- Bamboo Sideboard from ikeahackers.net
- Scandinavian-Style Candlesticks from dukesandduchesses.com
- Scandinavian Summer House With Plywood Interior from we-are-scout.com
- DIY Dining Table from lilyardor.com
- Scandinavian-Inspired DIY Plywood Christmas Tree from danslelakehouse.com
- DIY Scandi-Inspired Blossom Branch from aprettyfix.com
- Scandinavian-Inspired Family Room from happygreylucky.com
- Scandinavian Living Room from abeautifulmess.com
- Driftwood Stained Rast For The Scandinavian Farmhouse Feel from ikeahackers.net
- Decorating Your First Home Together With Crate And Barrel from greenweddingshoes.com
- DIY Scandi Style Mirror from tomfo.com
- Our Yamba Scandi Home Tour from tomfo.com
- Scandi Tableware from thelovelydrawer.com
- Petro Vivier From Monoshop from houseofhawkes.net
- DIY Wooden Baby Gym from themerrythought.com