Whether you have a small front porch, a wrap-around or a back porch, take advantage of this summer season and give your porch a little makeover with these 25 Beautiful Summer Porch Ideas!
When the seasons change, so does our daily life and with that comes a need to give our homes a fresh and new look. If the warmer days have inspired you to spruce up your porch and beautify it to use during the summer months, but you don’t know where to start, you’re in the right place!
The sunny season always inspires me to add pops of color and make my spaces feel bright and fresh. In my previous post, I talked about small ways to prep your home for the summer (to read it, click HERE) and now it’s time we talk about simple but effective ways to make your porch feel and look amazing for the summer season!
Whatever type of decor style or porch size you have, you’ll find an inspiring idea down below. Read on!
25 Beautiful Summer Porch Ideas
Depending on the size of your porch, the front porch ideas that make the most sense for your home might be purely decorative–think a front door wreath and a pretty hanging basket. Or, they could be more functional, like adding furniture pieces to improve the movement flow.
How do you decorate a porch for spring and summer?
Small Front Porch Summer Decorating Ideas:
6. Create a romantic atmosphere by placing candles around your porch or lanterns like my good friend CJ Swank has done in her stunning NY farmhouse! (See her farmhouse tour HERE)
Porch Summer Decorating Ideas:
10. Summer is all about bright and airy vibes. Cue yellow accents, the sunniest color of the season. Incorporate this lively hue to your porch in small ways like a welcome sign, potted sunflowers or with a statement yellow chair.
11. A rocking chair on the corner and planters with your favorite greenery makes for a lovely welcome to any guests in this rustic chic porch! To get a similar aesthetic, give your rocking chair a distressed paint job.
12. In this charming mountain-chic home, a simple wooden bench, lanterns and plants on a welcoming porch and a mudroom. This is an amazing idea to recreate in your porch this summer.
Front Porch Entrance Decor Ideas
13. If you’re looking to add a little romance to your summer porch this year, look no further than this adorable French cottage-style porch! The key here is to find a small table and chairs made of wrought iron or similar in style to give off that charming European feel.
14. For this porch, homeowners decided to go the extra mile and installed a pair of wicker swing chairs. If you don’t have a space as big but still want to get the same vibe, go for a smaller one and place it in a corner, to keep the porch functional but get the boho feel.
15. A pair of armchairs made of natural seagrass and rattan can bring the most simple porch back to life and give it a whole new look. To nail a similar look, try to incorporate natural fibers, pillow cases and rugs blue and white to nail the beachy feel.
Front and Back Porch Decor Ideas for Summer
16. Elevate your porch this summer by painting a wicker furniture set in an unexpected color, like this lush forest green. Use complementary colors throughout the decor, like pillows, vases, and flowers, as in this charming example!
17. Infuse your porch with the breezy vibe of summertime with a coastal styled porch. This is an easy one to recreate on narrow porches; the hanging day bed creates extra seating while also allowing you to store a small low table underneath it when not in use.
18. A back porch with roof extension can be an amazing opportunity to switch things up during the warmer months and turn it into an outdoor dining area. If you’d like a similar vibe, pick up an antique farm table, hang string lights on the ceiling and dress it up with vintage inspired accessories.
19. For a quick porch upgrade, return to a classic and adorn your porch with a summer-themed wreath! Get inspired by some of these amazing tutorials and make your own DIY summer wreath! Check it out HERE.
20. Dress up your porch with a rug for an instant refresh! You can use a large one or layer smaller ones for a more relaxed and beachy look. Pop tip? Get your hand on waterproof rugs!
Simple Summer Front Porch Decor
22. Reflecting the mood of the season on your porch can be as easy as adding some visual interest. Throwing patterned pillows over neutral furniture and some unexpected accessories, like in the example below, will give your porch a summery vibe without changing anything else!
23. A revamped vintage bicycle in a bright yellow steals the show in this porch. The design is complemented by cute potted flowers and a colorful doormat, resulting in a charming nook filled with charm!
24. Simple is best for those who prefer something more modern. Set up a pair of white rocking chairs as your porch’s focal point and let them add modernity. Additionally, you can start decorating for the 4th of July by hanging flags and adding patriotic touches, like in this example!
25. Feel like relaxing on your porch? If you’ve been dreaming of having a cozy spot to nap and read on your porch in the summer, then add a daybed!
Put pillows in different patterns and colors, always picking fabrics that are resistant but lightweight, so it looks more welcoming and summer-themed.
Hopefully this little roundup of beautiful summer porch ideas has inspired you. Now that you know how to create the porch of your dreams, it’s time to get started on your own today!