Mangos come in various varieties and are available at the grocery store, sometimes year round. Try and select mangos that are firm but not hard and let them ripen on the counter. They do not need to be refrigerated but I find that if slicing to eat or for a recipe an hour in the fridge makes the slicing easier.
Best Mango Bread Recipe
- 6 Mangos - peeled and chopped About 2 1/2 cups
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup organic white sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add mango, lemon juice and raisins.
- Beat eggs with oil and add to flour mixture.
- Pour into 2 greased 8 x 4 loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hr or until toothpick comes out clean.
My second recipe to share is for mango salsa. I made a big batch and serve this over fish, shrimp, in a salad…and it’s even good over a slice of crusty French bread as an appetizer!
Best Easy Mango Salsa
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup English (seedless) cucumber
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (or lemon)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Add all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir. No cooking required.
PIN THESE RECIPES TO MAKE LATER!