Informative table setting guide – for all seasons
It doesn’t have to be particularly complicated to have the look of a carefully planned table setting. Here is my plan that I showed you pictorially in HOW TO SET AN ELEGANT TABLE.
- Decide on a theme…I wanted a soft pastel tablescape here.
- Choose a tablecloth (or not) and your table linens
- I start thinking about my theme when I’m shopping for my flowers, which is in most cases the grocery store. Color is key to a tablescape, but if you can’t find what you are looking for…then white mixed with greenery is always a safe bet.
- Arrange your flowers and set them on the table.
- Add your place settings with dishes, flatware and stemware
- Fill in as you like with accessories…thinking candlesticks and seasonal items.
See more of the photos shown here in HOW TO LAYER PLATES IN A TABLESCAPE
And I truly hope that you haven’t ditched the pumpkins yet, since they are perfect for THANKSGIVING! Going back to our roots, it’s all about the SEASONAL HARVEST and all it takes is a handful of these to celebrate the season.