This delicious mini pumpkin pie recipe can be served as an appetizer or dessert, and is perfect for cool autumn nights. If you love small bites and easy foods for a gathering, these are simple and fast to prepare.
By using ready made pastry there are so many recipes that you can create. I often use puff pastry that comes from the grocery store freezer and a variety of fillings. Having this as a staple in my freezer along with canned pumpkin that I keep in the pantry I combined the two for a delicious treat! There isn’t a lot of sugar in this recipe, therefore they aren’t too sweet and can be served before or after a meal. Make up a batch and bring them to a fall potluck and everyone will be surprised at how light and fluffy they are!
While I created this recipe and do so often for fall, I’m also participating in the Tastes Of The Season event, hosted by Ella Claire. You can also modify this mini pumpkin pie recipe by adding several other pantry staples to the pumpkin mixture. Golden raisins are perfect for fall recipes and I use them in my Dad’s Sweet & Savory Gluten Free Recipe. Toasted almond slivers or even mini chocolate chips would make this more of a sweet dessert to serve. Side note: If you want to make these smaller to serve as true finger food you can cut each pastry in half.
Mini Pumpkin Pie
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted (follow package suggestion)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon (divided)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- With a clean cutting board, sprinkle a small amount of flour to prevent sticking. Lay down sheet of defrosted puff pastry. With a rolling pin, roll out the pastry evenly into a 12”x12” square. Using a pizza cutter, cut the pastry into 9 squares (three rows of 3).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, ginger and half of the cinnamon.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the filling into the center of each pastry square and spread in a diagonal toward two opposite corners.
- With your finger, spread some water all around the edges of a square and press to seal well in a diagonal. You can use a fork to seal, or just your fingers. Repeat with each square.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and carefully transfer the triangles.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and a tablespoon of water. Whisk together to combine. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over top of each mini pumpkin triangle. Sprinkle the remaining half of the cinnamon over the pastries.
- Preheat your oven to 400 and while the oven is preheating place the baking sheet into your fridge for about 15 minutes. This will help the pastry to puff and rise higher and make it flaky.
- Transfer sheet to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until the pastry is golden and fluffy.
This can be served warm out of the oven or heat up in the microwave if taking to a party. Speaking of…you might enjoy my Cranberry and Chili Meatball appetizers as well!
Please visit my friends below for some more delectable fall appetizers!
Fall Charcuterie Platter by Craftberry Bush | Truffle, Almond, & Apple Flatbread by The Chronicles of Home | Lady Mary’s Crab Canapes by Town and Country Living | Roasted Grapes on Baguette by Tidbits
Roasted Garlic Hummus by Home Made Lovely | Smoky Cheese Ball by Tidy Mom | Easy Skillet Brie by French Country Cottage | Gluten + Dairy Free Herbed Boursin with Cranberry Almond Crackers by Zevy Joy