Are you looking to add some spring home decor to your master bedroom? Read up on these simple decorating ideas for spring!
I’m joined by a few friends who are sharing spring today and thanks to Lory of Designthusiasm for organizing us.
Your master bedroom is an intimate place. A space to relax and unwind at the end of the day and should only reflect your likes, wants and needs. One of the things I love best about interior design is the uniqueness of everyone’s home. It sure would be boring if we were all the same, so don’t cave into the pressure of trend.
Even if you know exactly what style suits you best, there is no right or wrong. Look at your open with open eyes. Try to see how things flow, watch for the natural light, notice the shape of your rooms, windows, walls. If you study these things it will help you to find the right design for you, your family and the rooms that you live in.
My own home is an example of a place with a light and soothing palette. We were fortunate to add on our master bedroom wing shortly after we moved in. This spring will mark 30 years of living and growing here, raising our family! For some old photos, head to this post. As for adding spring home decor to the master bedroom, I often rely on the color of flowers. That is made easy by the light in this room.
These flowers are real and won’t keep all season (such a shame). For my spring home decor, florals will be the constant companion on the mantel and not much else.
Simple Spring Home Decor Tips
- Begin with fresh, crisp white bedding. White bedding is perfect for spring (and every season) and allows you to add colorful accents based on preference. Splurge on the best quality sheets and bedding that you can afford. You know how good it feels when you’ve experienced great hotel linens, so if possible try to create this at home. Don’t compromise when it comes to a great night’s sleep!
- Add some pillows and blankets with color of your choice to accent. I’ve chosen the very palest of sky blue in linens from Serena & Lily. For the small velvet pillow it was an inexpensive one from Amazon, since we won’t actually be sleeping on it.
- Hang a piece of artwork that invokes a spring home decor vibe. I recently had this antique painting featured in my living room, but shopped my own home and hung it over the bed. Not feel sure that it will stay there and have been seriously considering wallpaper on this wall only. What are your thoughts about wallpaper these days? I’ve been so on the fence, since we had to remove a whole bunch of it when we bought this house!
Accents To Consider
- I start with flowers to inspire my color choices, but florals can definitely be an afterthought accent!
- A fresh rug. Area rugs have become so reasonably priced these days, so why not add a fresh pop of color with one! I’ll likely be changing this one out soon.
- Accent furniture like benches are a great add on to change up a room seasonably. Again, you don’t have to spend oodles to find one that you love.
- Lampshades do not have to be permanent! Take some old lampshades and recover them with floral fabric or find some inexpensive new shades to use.
All of these changes were made with minimal effort but have a large effect! I have linked similar shop-able items below, so simply click on the images to learn more.
Please be sure to visit all of the spring mantel and vignette posts below: