Today I’m sharing my spring living room restyling and what I feel is a most valuable tip! There isn’t a whole lot new here. I constantly shop my home and encourage you to do that in your home. Once or twice a year I move all of the furniture to the foyer and give the room a deep cleaning. We are talking down on my hands and knees scrubbing the tile floor! Here’s a before shot of my home from last spring for reference.
Here is a shot of how it looks today. What do you notice?
The furniture layout has changed and it was simple as that! Here is a brief synopsis of what I did in the room (besides clean ☺️)
Spring Living Room Restyling On A Budget
- First we rearranged the furniture as mentioned with the vintage French sofa facing the fireplace.
- *BEST TIP* If you have the room, move your furniture away from the walls and allow it to “float”. This actually will give your room a more spacious look! You might think that it will make the room look smaller but I guarantee that it will not. Nor will your living room look like a waiting room if you try this tip!
- Next we hung the French mirror over the mantel, which only took about 6 months to do, lol. The dang thing is heavy and took two of us on two ladders to hang! It was truly a comedy of some errors!
- Then I propped the white mirror along a wall on the side of the room. The corner will also be filled with a large potted palm tree or some palm leaves clipped from our property.
- The pink peonies painting is stored in my stash and may be hung on a wall in the room soon.
- Not only did we move the sofa, but we relocated the vintage Thomasville bamboo and cane table as well. I purchased this table 20+ years ago at an estate sale. It’s been hidden from view for years, but now has a more prominent place!
Accessories To Restyle A Room
Flowers For Spring
I got the orchids on the mantel from our garden. Our climate makes it difficult to grow any flowers successfully, but orchids do so well! Check out this post How To Grow Orchids On Trees for some great info if you too love beautiful orchids!
All of my Chinoiserie was either thrifted or free and I’ve had most of it for years! Chinoiserie is trending now in the popular grandmillennial style, but I’ve always loved mixing a bit into my decor. This vase holds some gorgeous blue delphinium and those fresh flowers came from Petal Driven.
The white roses are from my friends at Grace Rose Farm, where you’ll find the best source for fresh roses.
More flowers from Petal Driven with ranunculus and anemones that are so colorful and speak SPRING!
Secret Weapon For Seasonal Styling – Pillows!
Truth be told I buy most of my pillows on Amazon. Here are the shopping links where you can find these. I don’t spend a lot on pillows, so these worked for me (and maybe you). Just scroll and click on what interests you.
Here is the source for my rug – BLUE AND WHITE DISTRESSED RUG. It’s almost sold out, but they have many styles!
And now…tada! A peek at what I found on FBMP (Facebook Marketplace) where I’ve obsessed lately. It’s a vintage mahogany breakfront that is beautiful condition and I got it for FREE! Yes…OBSESSED, eeek!
I’ll be sharing more about the breakfront soon in another post, and how I updated it…plus more! One more thing I wanted to share before I go is my FREE SPRING DECLUTTERING GUIDE. I find it to be an immense help to be able to have this in front of me as I go through my own home and SPRING CLEAN. Grab it right here – FREE SPRING DECLUTTERING GUIDE.
PIN THIS POST & SHARE!