A simple and sweet Valentines Day Hearts craft that is NO SEW and easy to do! Make these for gifts or to hang around your home for the month of February.
Many of us don’t do a whole lot of decorating for Valentines Day, but it’s nice to put a little something romantic around the home. February is my birthday month and perhaps that helps explain why this Pisces girl has been a crafter since day one! Today I’m sharing this fun craft, and you know that I like providing you with projects that you can easily do. No fancy machinery needed, other than a glue gun. Here is another pretty NO SEW project that you might like – How To Make Ribbon Roses
The supplies are beautiful unto themselves, don’t you think? I’m going to be offering a handful of kits with these supplies at the end of this post. If you like to purchase pre-made kits, please let me know and maybe I’ll make this a regular thing for you sweet readers!
PIN ME BELOW!
Valentines Day Hearts – Supplies
- 3″ Pink Felt Hearts – 2 per project
- Small Millinery Flowers & Leaves
- Pretty Pink Ribbon Assortment
- Glue Gun
How To Make
- Cut out a 3″ heart shape out of pink felt. I sketched out my heart first onto a piece of cardboard and cut it out to use as a template. *TIP* Draw half of a heart and cut out your cardboard with enough room on the other side to fold over like a greeting card. Then trace the outline of the half heart onto the other side and cut it out. This way your heart template will be even! (former art teacher;-)
- Start laying out your embellishments on the felt. Once you have an idea of where you’ll place each element, you can begin to hot glue. Use glue in dots, very sparingly. A pair of old scissors helps to hold each element in place so that you don’t burn your fingers.
- Now that you have your embellishments glued down it’s time to add a hanger. Cut a piece of ribbon to the appropriate size for hanging on a cabinet knob, hook or wherever you plan on hanging. Hot glue the ribbon as shown on the back of the felt heart.
- With the weight of the embellishments, it’s a good idea to hot glue another heart to the back. Plus it hides the ribbon holder and looks neater.
- These Valentines Day Hearts can be made as sachets by filling with some lavender buds as well. If you plan on doing so, hot glue about 3/4 of the way, carefully place some lavender buds inside and finish gluing.
Be creative! How about hanging one from a chandelier?
This Valentines Day Heart was filled with the tiniest bit of lavender and is hanging from a cabinet in my laundry room. Yes, I know that the doors don’t meet, a work in progress.
You’ll want to make at least a couple of these, maybe more! I pick up things like pretty ribbon and millinery and fill up a few bins in my craft room. It’s addicting to collect!
Valentines Day Heart Kits For Sale –
NOTE – SOLD OUT!