Dried edible flowers are the perfect way to decorate a cake. They definitely can be an addition to so many recipes. We have 23 edible flowers in this post and you’ll learn which are food safe.
With spring just a few short weeks away, flowers will be in bloom in many areas! Have you ever tried your hand at adding flowers to a recipe? Whether plucked from your own garden or found at your florist, they sure do add beauty to food! First and foremost, not all flowers are edible. It should be noted that some can actually be poisonous. Before you use them, this is a long list of flowers and petals that you can safely use. Add sparingly to everything from baked goods..along with other desserts and in simple salads. Your table will undoubtedly benefit from the beauty when you serve gorgeous food!
DRIED EDIBLE FLOWERS
Many of these recipes would be perfect for a spring tea party, and you’ll want to see THIS POST about hosting one! You can use fresh edible flowers as well as dried edible flowers. I keep THIS dried version on hand in my pantry.
PIN ME NOW FOR INSPIRATION LATER!
Baked Goods With Dried Edible Flowers
These fairy cakes are tea cake size and made with candied borage flowers.
For the prettiest macarons ever, head over and check this out!
My own layer cake was made from a box mix, so the the cake is semi-homemade. Nothing could be easier than that! I purchased these dried edible flowers HERE on Amazon, so received them the next day!
Naked flower donuts? Undoubtedly this simple idea will make you want dried edible flowers on everything!
Additional Ideas For Edible Flowers
Not only for baked goods, but also think candy, salads and even enchiladas! These lollipops would make beautiful gifts wrapped in cello and tied with a pretty ribbon.
Last but not least, this salad is something that uses fresh edible flowers and is perfect for a spring lunch.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF EDIBLE FLOWER RECIPES, CLICK ON ANY LINK BELOW
- DIY Edible Flower Macarons – The Proper Blog
- Elderflower Cupcakes – Yes to Yolks
- Edible Flower Bark – Views From a Step Stool
- Edible Floral Marshmallows – The Proper Blog
- Lavender Cupcakes – How Sweet Eats
- Pansy Crepes with Sweetened Cream Cheese – Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart
- Orange Cookies with Edible Flowers – The Decorated Cookie
- Edible Flower Chocolate Bark – The Decorated Cookie
- Lavender Ice Cream Sandwiches – Homecooking Memories
- Hibiscus Flower Enchiladas – Love and Olive Oil
- DIY Naked Floral Donuts – A Bubbly Life
- Vanilla Bundt Cake Flowers – A Side of Sweet
- Almond Fairy Cakes with Candied Borage Flowers – Love and Olive Oil
- Floral Butter Using California Edible Flowers – California Grown
- DIY Lollipops with Edible Flowers – Mary Makes Good
- Candied Pansy and Viola Miniature Pavlovas – Adventures in Cooking
- Winter Pansy Salad – The View From Great Island
- Zucchini and Carrot Ribbons with Edible Flowers – The Forest Feast
- Garden of Eden Spring Rolls – Once Upon a Plater
- Nordic Open Faced Smoked Salmon Sandwiches with Edible Flowers – The View From Great Island
- Fresh Lime Tart with Edible Flowers – Cake Bloom
- Grilled Potato Salad with Black Garlic Vinaigrette – Feasting at Home
- Hibiscus Lemon Curd Tart with Cocoa Crust and Edible Flower Garnish – Vegetarian Ventures
What appeals to you and what do you think that you’ll make?