A pretty free fall printable banner is a great way to decorate your home for autumn on a budget! If you love the softer side of design, then this might be just what you’re looking for. I have complete instructions below, plus a GIVEAWAY…so keep scrolling!
Muted tones are what I’ve always loved to decorate with and fall is the perfect season to do so! Leaves start to lose their green and eventually descend to the ground in subdued hues. I’m working with lots of dried flowers this autumn season (see this post – How To Make A Dried Flower Chandelier) and going for peaches and dusty greens. Tap here for my source for Dried Flowers – aFloral.
Fall is welcome and a relief from the extreme heat in many places. Sadly here we do not have a fall season, or I should say that it’s subtle as the lightest breeze that might blow a downy feather. While I was confined to the a/c last week I created a free fall printable banner for my dear readers! I really rely on you guys to read my posts and this blog is going stronger than ever after 14 years. So thank you. I don’t say that enough, but it’s heartfelt.
What can you do with a banner? Well you hang it…but of course! I printed this out and hung the free fall printable banner on my bedroom mantel and styled it with some garden roses. To go along with the “simply faded” theme, some crusty old pots that were sitting outside were brought in. I should share a photo of the large vintage aluminum rack that sits on one the side of the garden to hold pots and planters. It’s quite a collection and they all gain patina over time. I see a beautiful mess out there!
Free Fall Printable Banner
How To Download & Print
- First you’ll have to download the 6 image files that comprise this banner at Box.com, where I host my printable images. You’ll need to be a subscriber and there is more information about that if you keep scrolling this post.
- Once you’ve downloaded…the rest is really simple, so don’t be intimidated! I created these just the right size for standard legal sized paper, so you won’t have to resize anything.
- USE CARDSTOCK paper, as it is thicker. My printer is a standard home printer. If you don’t have a printer you can save the file to a zip drive and take it in to someplace like Staples to print.
- If you don’t have this done already as a default, set to auto-rotate. You’ll have two letters on each card to print.
- Since some of the letters are on repeat, you’ll have to print some more than once. You’ll see this once you download the files where they are stored for your personal use.
Once you’ve printed all of the letters simply cut them out. I’ve designed the banner with a grey background that serves as a guide to make it easy to cut.
Once all of the letters have been printed out take a hold puncher and make a hole as far as the punch will go onto the cardstock. It’s about an inch or so. Make sure to do this on both sides of each letter.
Now you’re ready to string the free fall printable banner together! I dug into my studio stash and found some old silk ombre wired ribbon in fall tones. Yum! Start at one end working left to right and go through the hole from front to back…weaving through each card.
Carefully pull the ribbon or string through and leave slack so that you don’t tear it. Have some ribbon on each end and you’re ready to display it!
- Don’t have a mantel in your home? Hang your free fall printable banner on a bookcase, shelf, stairway, across a table edge, pin to a wall…you’re limited only by imagination!
Now…on to the specifics about how to get this and if you don’t want to print one yourself, I’m giving this very banner away!
To get the banner to print at home, just fill out the form below. You’ll get access to the Members Only Library that contains loads of seasonal art, wall art, eBooks, and more. You’ll also receive my blog updates by email so you won’t miss a thing.
If you are already an email subscriber, just visit here- PRINTABLES LIBRARY and download the prints! Check your previous emails from me for the password. I don’t put it every single one, but do try and include it once a week. ** NOTE** – GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED & WINNER NOTIFIED.
PLEASE VISIT MY FRIENDS BELOW for this printable tour, organized by Kristen at Ella Claire…