Kitchen Renovations On A Budget
Kitchen renovations on a budget can be difficult to navigate for most homeowners. When you start pricing everything out it’s amazing how quickly it all adds up. I’m talking about one of my own kitchen remodels and I needed to be on the conservative side with my spending. Plus there are 20 other homes featured today to give you great inspiration!
Above is our beach home kitchen, which isn’t large by any means. It’s a very workable space though and at 16 years old was looking dated and worn. The original builder grade appliances were getting rusty from the salt air. It was time for some kitchen renovations on a budget! With two homes we simply have to make decisions as to what we can afford and can’t do everything.
A couple of shots of the kitchen before above and here are some of the things that we did.
Kitchen Renovations On A Budget
Were We Saved –
- Keeping the existing cabinets is a huge money saver…always! Ours are white builder grade thermofoil but function well. We cleaned the cabinets up and did some touch up painting. The look was modernized with new gold finish hardware.
- The microwave was removed and the cabinet above it. Replacing them in that space we then installed a range hood and redesigned the pantry to hold the microwave inside. Read about the pantry that has a coffee bar inside as well and get our FREE PLANS HERE.
- We removed the beachy backsplash tile and installed a gorgeous wavy subway tile. By doing projects like these ourselves there was a significant savings. Installing subway tile is really easy to do!
- My super handy husband installed the custom wood panels that I designed and he made over the drywall part of the breakfast bar. This is so much better because it’s easy to wipe off any footprints now. HUGE improvement!
- Those barstools had great lines. I could see that, but the color was so early 2000’s! We decided to spray them with our Wagner Flexio Paint Sprayer to give them new life. They went from old fashioned to much more contemporary now! Wood works well at the beach since wood surfaces don’t mind sand or wet bathing suits.
Biggest Expenses –
- The necessary new appliances were our largest expense. We did save some money by purchasing them in an appliance package. At our home we have a gas cooktop but we could not here and I would have preferred that. Compromise is key when doing kitchen renovations on a budget.
- Our new countertops in quartzite were another larger expense and ordered from a local stoneyard. I talked more about them in THIS POST.
Click to see our Miami home kitchen renovation HERE.
Looking for more kitchen renovations on a budget? Be sure to check the links below for 20 inspiring kitchen projects!
Kitchen Renovations On A Budget
ELEGANT WHITE KITCHEN REVEAL – RANDI GARRETT DESIGN
It’s difficult not to get inspired by this gorgeous transformation Randi made in her kitchen! She runs Randi Garrett Design and on this post, she shared all the details about how she managed to transform this room into such a wonderful and fresh new space!
KITCHEN RENOVATION REVEAL – A BEAUTIFUL MESS
Hip and trendy without being too cluttered is a hard balance to maintain when it comes to home decor, but the girls behind A Beautiful mess have done it again! On this reveal, they showed us how a few simple hacks can totally transform the style and vibe of a kitchen and not go bankrupt in the process!
OUR KITCHEN MAKEOVER BEFORE AND AFTER – SUGAR AND CLOTH
As far as kitchen renovations go, this makeover by Ashley Rose can’t get any better! The fresh mint colored walls paired with the white countertops, dark wood chairs, and golden accents are a dreamy combo.
KITCHEN REMODEL THE FINAL REVEAL – PINCH OF YUM
Lindsay’s kitchen makeover is a perfect example of how you can transform a kitchen no matter how small and still get an O-M-G before and after. Check out her remodel before and after, you will be shocked!
FARMHOUSE KITCHEN MAKEOVER REVEAL – LOVE GROWS WILD
This is what Farmhouse-style enthusiasts’ dreams are made of! Take notes on the whole Liz went through to get this airy new kitchen and get inspired.
THE JUST A TASTE KITCHEN REMODEL – JUST A TASTE
I’m loving this drastic makeover! It’s incredible and pin-it-now worthy, trust me. All the small details like the soft blue kitchen island, the wooden background on the white countertops and all the storage ideas… I’m taking notes!
KITCHEN MAKEOVER REVEAL – UNEXPECTED ELEGANCE
Traditional yet eclectic in its own way, Angela’s new kitchen can give you a lot of ideas if you like a bit more contrast and mix-and-match decor style. Wood, warm tones, glossy metals, patterned Turkish carpet… all in one kitchen!
RUSTIC MODERN KITCHEN RENOVATION – CHERISHED BLISS
Ashley’s brand new kitchen is cozy and inviting but, even better, incredibly practical for her lifestyle. I’m amazed at how airy and clean this kitchen is even using such dark tones, a perfectly crafted balance!
BEFORE & AFTER SMALL KITCHEN RENOVATION REVEAL – AMANDA KATHERINE
Having a small kitchen is no longer a reason not to have your dream kitchen! Just take a look at this striking makeover Amanda made possible on hers with her tips on the entire transformation steps!
FARMHOUSE STYLE KITCHEN MAKEOVER FOR UNDER $500 – LITTLE HOUSE LIVING
Kitchen upgrades can be extremely costly if you’re not smart about it! Merissa’s brand new kitchen is a clear example of all the beautiful changes you can make to remodel your kitchen without breaking the bank.
KITCHEN REMODEL THE BIG REVEAL – TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
Maria and Josh took us on their personal remodel journey and the way they managed to completely modernize their kitchen is stunning. On their blog, Two Peas & Their Pod you can follow each part of their renovations.
KITCHEN REMODEL – CENTSATIONAL STYLE
Inspired by new cabinets, Kate went all in and fabulously remodel her entire kitchen. Although it looks completely different, there’s a lot of details you can do as well even if you’re not planning a total makeover.
$200 KITCHEN MAKEOVER – THE MERRY THOUGHT
Renting has many perks but one of the downsides is you can’t really renovate freely. Don’t worry about it though, the girls at The Merry Thought found a renter-friendly approach and marvelously renew their kitchen.
KITCHEN REMODEL – DESIGN LOVE FEST
This kitchen update is a dreamy balance of minimal and boho vibe at the same time! act you can re-create too! Head over to Design Love Fest and take notes.
MY ‘INDUSTRIAL CHIC’ KITCHEN RENOVATION – VEGGIE CHICK
The quartzite island along with white shaker cabinets and the warm wooden floors and chairs are the ultimate industrial-chic fantasy. This kitchen renovation involved knocking down a wall so if you’re up for that, take a look and get advice from Christin’s experience.
KITCHEN REVEAL WITH DARK CABINETS AND OPEN SHELVING – BIGGER THAN THE THREE OF US
Dark painted cabinets, open shelves, wall tiles, and so many other chic and functional ideas to spark your inspiration and work on your own kitchen. This renovation is stunning but the best is that Ashley from Bigger than the three of us, shared a list in this post with every single DIY project she worked on for this makeover.
KITCHEN RENOVATION IN A RANCH STYLE HOME – CAMILLE STYLES
Homey yet airy and fresh, the style of this brand new kitchen is simply divine. If you want to add a splash of green to your kitchen but you’re not sold on the idea yet, check out how the designer behind this ranch-style renovation applied a serene shade of green to complement the overall look.
REVEALING THE KITCHEN REMODEL OF OUR DREAMS – LIVE EAT LEARN
Sarah’s new kitchen is a total Pinterest dream! Head over to her site, Live Eat Learn to get some ideas. Pay attention to the stunning and clever drawers tucked in the cabinets, a total storage hack.
DARK AND DATED TO LIGHT AND BRIGHT KITCHEN – THE HANDMADE HOME
Jamin and Ashley Mills from The Handmade Home stepped up their decor game during this kitchen makeover. In their own words, their kitchen went from dark and dated looking to light and bright. They shared how the managed to pull it off on this post.
KITCHEN REVEAL AT OUR MIAMI HOME – SHABBY FUFU
Practicality and functionality first is my motto when it comes to my home decor style but I still need my share of aesthetical design! That’s why on my kitchen makeover I tried to balanced functionality and the chic-style I was after by using marble tile backsplash…. check out all my process in this post!
Kitchen Renovations On A Budget
- Elegant White Kitchen Reveal from randigarrettdesign.com
- Kitchen Renovation Reveal from abeautifulmess.com
- Our Kitchen Makeover Before And After from sugarandcloth.com
- Kitchen Remodel The Final Reveal from pinchofyum.com
- Farmhouse Kitchen Makeover Reveal from lovegrowswild.com
- The Just A Taste Kitchen Remodel from justataste.com
- Kitchen Makeover Reveal from unexpectedelegance.com
- Rustic Modern Kitchen Renovation from cherishedbliss.com
- Before & After Small Kitchen Renovation Reveal from amandakatherine.com
- Farmhouse Style Kitchen Makeover For Under $500 from littlehouseliving.com
- Kitchen Remodel The Big Reveal from twopeasandtheirpod.com
- Kitchen Remodel from centsationalstyle.com
- $200 Kitchen Makeover from themerrythought.com
- Kitchen Remodel from designlovefest.com
- My ‘Industrial Chic’ Kitchen Renovation from veggiechick.com
- Kitchen Reveal With Dark Cabinets And Open Shelving from biggerthanthethreeofus.com
- Kitchen Renovation In A Ranch Style Home from camillestyles.com
- Revealing The Kitchen Remodel Of Our Dreams from liveeatlearn.com
- Dark And Dated To Light And Bright Kitchen from thehandmadehome.net
- Kitchen Reveal At Our Miami Home from shabbyfufu.com
I love the new range hood Janet! It so opens up the space! (And I like your term “modern” for your new hardware – it’s so fun to see what comes in and out of style.) Your kitchen is so light and airy now – perfect for the beach. Thanks for sharing your great tips! ? Happy Tuesday!
Hey Janet! This will be coming in handy for me soon! I don’t see links for the backsplash and hardware though, any chance you could add those? Thanks! 🙂
Oh geez! Nvm, I’m seeing them now! I just thought they were ads lol
Just bought a lovely new condo with community pool
The previous owner was a bachelor and loved black and gray so by just replacing the two bedroom carpets with continuing wood flooring like rest of house and replacing backsplash from so Home Depot black grey and white glass strips to white n gray marble like bathroom counters I have a whole new up to date home
I think carerra marble is a forever classic and with white cabinets and stainless steel appliances , it. will be in style for some time. Suzanne
Changing the hardware on the cabinets and painting the bar stools made a big difference. I really love the new subway tiles over the old tiles! Naturally, the new appliances are beautiful, but even without them, you made a huge difference to the better!
Not a criticism, just wondering, many people like me have much, much smaller homes, and I just have to wonder when I see acres of kitchen space, with Islands/Bars with stools and then a dining table and chairs right next to that, and then a formal dining room as well. Nothing I can relate to here.
My own kitchen isn’t large and has 60 yr old cabinetry. If you’ve bothered to look at the links these are all DIY bloggers who work with a budget.