Kitchen renovations on a budget can be difficult to navigate for most homeowners. When you start pricing everything out it’s amazing how quickly it all adds up. I’m talking about one of my own kitchen remodels and I needed to be on the conservative side with my spending. Plus there are 20 other homes featured today to give you great inspiration!
Above is our beach home kitchen, which isn’t large by any means. It’s a very workable space though and at 16 years old was looking dated and worn. The original builder grade appliances were getting rusty from the salt air. It was time for some kitchen renovations on a budget! With two homes we simply have to make decisions as to what we can afford and can’t do everything.
A couple of shots of the kitchen before above and here are some of the things that we did.
Kitchen Renovations On A Budget
Were We Saved –
- Keeping the existing cabinets is a huge money saver…always! Ours are white builder grade thermofoil but function well. We cleaned the cabinets up and did some touch up painting. The look was modernized with new gold finish hardware.
- The microwave was removed and the cabinet above it. Replacing them in that space we then installed a range hood and redesigned the pantry to hold the microwave inside. Read about the pantry that has a coffee bar inside as well and get our FREE PLANS HERE.
- We removed the beachy backsplash tile and installed a gorgeous wavy subway tile. By doing projects like these ourselves there was a significant savings. Installing subway tile is really easy to do!
- My super handy husband installed the custom wood panels that I designed and he made over the drywall part of the breakfast bar. This is so much better because it’s easy to wipe off any footprints now. HUGE improvement!
- Those barstools had great lines. I could see that, but the color was so early 2000’s! We decided to spray them with our Wagner Flexio Paint Sprayer to give them new life. They went from old fashioned to much more contemporary now! Wood works well at the beach since wood surfaces don’t mind sand or wet bathing suits.
Biggest Expenses –
- The necessary new appliances were our largest expense. We did save some money by purchasing them in an appliance package. At our home we have a gas cooktop but we could not here and I would have preferred that. Compromise is key when doing kitchen renovations on a budget.
- Our new countertops in quartzite were another larger expense and ordered from a local stoneyard. I talked more about them in THIS POST.
Click to see our Miami home kitchen renovation HERE.
Looking for more kitchen renovations on a budget? Be sure to check the links below for 20 inspiring kitchen projects!
- Elegant White Kitchen Reveal from randigarrettdesign.com
- Kitchen Renovation Reveal from abeautifulmess.com
- Our Kitchen Makeover Before And After from sugarandcloth.com
- Kitchen Remodel The Final Reveal from pinchofyum.com
- Farmhouse Kitchen Makeover Reveal from lovegrowswild.com
- The Just A Taste Kitchen Remodel from justataste.com
- Kitchen Makeover Reveal from unexpectedelegance.com
- Rustic Modern Kitchen Renovation from cherishedbliss.com
- Before & After Small Kitchen Renovation Reveal from amandakatherine.com
- Farmhouse Style Kitchen Makeover For Under $500 from littlehouseliving.com
- Kitchen Remodel The Big Reveal from twopeasandtheirpod.com
- Kitchen Remodel from centsationalstyle.com
- $200 Kitchen Makeover from themerrythought.com
- Kitchen Remodel from designlovefest.com
- My ‘Industrial Chic’ Kitchen Renovation from veggiechick.com
- Kitchen Reveal With Dark Cabinets And Open Shelving from biggerthanthethreeofus.com
- Kitchen Renovation In A Ranch Style Home from camillestyles.com
- Revealing The Kitchen Remodel Of Our Dreams from liveeatlearn.com
- Dark And Dated To Light And Bright Kitchen from thehandmadehome.net
- Kitchen Reveal At Our Miami Home from shabbyfufu.com