Mothers Day celebration ideas outdoors! Keep things casual with these visuals that can help you set a beautiful summer table or spring tablescape!
As the weather improves, more of you can take advantage of the outdoors. It is such a relief to have some fresh air and sunshine, isn’t it? Here (as you probably know) in Florida it’s the polar opposite of the rest of the country. Unlike most years, we have had a stellar cool (not polar 😆) winter and it’s quickly turning to summer. So it will be time to head indoors where the a/c is running full time. For these last few temperate days we are outside enjoying every minute!
Mothers Day Celebration Ideas – 5 Tips For Outdoor Dining!
When dining outdoors I try and mimic the indoor settings to a degree. Several elements are important to me in any celebration outside! From my daughter’s wedding reception (gosh, 3 yrs ago already!) to having a few friends here or just my husband and me. I try to stick to these key points.
- Use comfortable chairs! Since I have a few sets of chairs that can be used indoors and out, I do use them. These X-back chairs are actually pretty comfortable and lightweight. Easy to bring outside and THIS ONE from Arhaus is ON SALE!
- Use the good stuff! If you don’t want to use your good china and accessories every day, now is the time to use them. Don’t fret if dining outdoors that something might break. Unless it’s a priceless heirloom, I say go for it!
- Provide shade for your guests, especially in the warm months like for mothers day celebration ideas!
- Start your theme with flowers! Whether fresh or faux and depending upon what’s in season. You can base your table’s color scheme easily around the floral arrangements you make.
- Add a touch of whimsy or something artistic. I had these oversized wreaths (tutorial HERE) and and tied them to a couple of chair backs with ribbon. You can’t feel them when sitting, but they are effective for impact!
If you’re inviting mom over to join you, make one of these gold hoop rings and give it to her for a gift!
Start With Flowers
My flowers are from Petal Driven, who actually is local to me but ships nationwide! They consist of ranunculus, delphinium, anemones and some eucalyptus greens. Maybe that’s why kitty is hanging around? Clearly she waits for food to drop later on!
Such beautiful and colorful blooms for a spring tablescape! Place several of these in a jar for a special gift for mom or a friend.
Temple jars and ginger jars are perfect for flower arranging and my signature color is blue. I’ll link some of these below and they are MUST HAVES for today’s modern flower arrangements!
My secret garden is unlike any other! It’s underneath the oak trees and surrounded by a variety of palm trees. A tropical table setting of sorts leaning heavily on pink, blue and white. Despite the tropical surroundings the mosquitoes only bother us at dawn and dusk. Along with being tropical, we are on a canal and it’s surprising that the bugs aren’t too bad!
Setting The Table
This table is an outdoor table with a concrete top that mimics the look of wood! We have had it for 4 or 5 years now and it’s held up particularly well to our harsh climate. That being said…if you’re looking for an amazing trestle table at a great price Check THIS ONE out!
In contrast to the rather luxe dinnerware the napkins are paper and the wine glasses acrylic! I love the pattern on the napkins that is differing from anything else that I had in my stash.
A single anemone acts as an informal “napkin ring” at each place setting. The dishes are a mix of vintage and current. I think that using antique Limoges china is perfect for a mothers day celebration ideas table. Don’t you?
The blush pink candles burned into the evening with a gentle tropical breeze.
CLICK ON ANY IMAGE BELOW TO SHOP THE POST
Please visit my friends who are joining in today in this SPRING OUTDOOR ENTERTAINING CELEBRATION hosted by Kristen of Ella Claire