Pinterest worthy Spring table setting idea for outdoor living with simple grocery store flowers, pastel plates and a home made DIY cake stand. Easy to get inspiration and replicate something similar in your home…whether indoors or out!
In this post photos will tell the story, and hopefully inspire you for setting a spring table! It’s a no fuss way to celebrate the spring season with my favorite go to of letting the flowers set the tone. These are grocery store flowers and although I often do purchase from my florist, these stock and mini ruffled carnations were such a pretty color and from Trader Joes.
The table sits in our pea gravel patio that we like to call Cafe Mendocino, named after a favorite French restaurant that we frequented when we were dating. Some folks name their homes, we name our patio…LOL. Let’s call this one a French inspired tablescape, since I used some of my French dishes.
It’s a shady part of our garden and when evening falls the twinkle lights come on. Under the swaying palm trees in the breeze it’s pretty romantic. We had my daughter’s wedding reception here and it’s coming up on a year now! If you missed that post… ” Beautiful Affordable Wedding Reception At Home ” You can entertain elegantly no matter what the budget if you start with flowers. Yes, even grocery store flowers. A table with flowers is a happy table and without flowers just looks sad.
5 Tips For A Pinterest Worthy Spring Table Setting
- Purchase a bouquet or two of flowers in your favorite soft colors. Subtle color for spring is beautiful and will just make that suggestion of rebirth and softness of the season to come.
- Add some soft linens to your tablescape. Pastel tones in napkins and runners are available in abundance in the stores right now and they don’t have to have bunnies 😉
- Choose your dinnerware in pale colors too. If you lack pastel plates, you’re quite likely to find mismatched china in your favorite thrift shops these days with everyone Kon Mari-ing! I recently wrote this post that you might want to refer to ” The Do’s And Dont’s Of The KonMari Method “
- Add something one of a kind. I knew that on this evening (my birthday;-) we were going to have cake, so I made a cake stand. More about how to make it in this post > ” Easy Cake Stands For Weddings Or Parties “
- Use vintage pieces so that your table doesn’t look like it came straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog. Much as I love Pottery Barn I don’t want my home to look like a store.
After bringing everything outside I started setting my Pinterest worthy spring table with with the runner. When purchasing a table runner I look for one that hangs down off the edges of the table. Next I put my flowers into some vintage white ironstone pitchers to allow the flowers to be the star and not compete. With the ocean breezes that we generally have here I placed the vases on the table to secure the runner. We LOVE the ocean breeze but it does make it pretty impossible to not have to anchor things down.
My plates here were yard sale finds and with the weather about to warm up where most live it’s time to hit those sales! In fact, everything that you see on this table other than the wine goblets (acrylic, and no longer available) is vintage. Using vintage pieces in your home and on the table pretty much ensures you a unique look and feel.
And let’s talk about the cake. It’s store bought (I wasn’t about to back my own birthday cake) and I scraped off most of the icing. Then I added some fresh fruit and a few flowers. For more cake decorating ideas, head over to this post ” How To Easily Beautify A Plain Blah Cake ”
And the CAKE STAND TUTORIAL Here are a few more photos that I hope inspire you to set a PINTEREST WORTHY SPRING TABLE!
PIN THIS POST
Today I’m joining some sweet friends who are sharing their gorgeous tablescapes for spring, hosted by the talented Bre Doucette of Rooms For Rent – enjoy!