French country fall decorating ideas to get your home looking well styled for autumn. Be inspired by over 30 ideas from interiors to diy projects.
French Country Fall Decorating Ideas
I was patiently waiting for these LANTERNS to arrive from POTTERY BARN . I knew that they would tie into my home that has a French country elegant look with a little bit of farmhouse and a dash of cottage style mixed in.
I stacked up some tattered books in the bottom of the lantern and filled it to the brim with faux pumpkins. There will not likely be a real pumpkin in sight where I live until mid October!
Book disclaimer~no literary masterpieces were used in the making of this lantern vignette! These were old paperbacks that were trashed and I have a FULL TUTORIAL for you in THIS POST!
A straight on shot of the living room so you can see the placement of the lanterns, with the smaller ones up on the top flanking the mantel and filled with candles…
Before I started working on the vignettes I moved the furniture placement around and brought in my old iron gates from the storage shed. I don’t have a lot of things actually hanging on the walls in this house other than mirrors, so that I have the freedom to move pieces around more easily. The sofa was a thrift shop find from several years ago and sometimes it’s placed in front of the mantel.
If you are new here, most of what I have has been found either free or inexpensively over many years of collecting, thrifting, and salvaging. A few of my favorite trophy cups that I found at yard sales in the past for just a few dollars each. I have bought and sold lots of vintage pieces through my business Shabbyfufu for about 20 years now. It doesn’t matter to me that they are wonky and tarnished beyond what can be cleaned in many cases. I’ve filled them with simple white carnations and set them on a trio of stacking garden tables for now.
On the mantel is this old ironstone platter filled with faux white and grey pumpkins, pinecones and some real pumpkin stems that I saved from last year. The pumpkins came in a bag from the craft store on sale and I painted them with Krylon Chalky Finish Spray Paint, that you can find HERE (affiliate link). I hadn’t used that paint prior to this and really LOVE the way it looks, so I’ll be using it again!
I’ll probably be changing this around when the real pumpkins are available, and perhaps add in a few of my VELVET PUMPKINS.
The fireplace screen is a vintage wooden French headboard that was tattered and tossed and we cut down and painted to cover up the empty wall behind it. One of my favorite repurposing projects that we have done to date!
Tying in the rustic, I used this old French zinc body pitcher and filled it with gypsophila or baby’s breath. An inexpensive flower to add casual farmhouse charm to an elegant room.
Why yes I have a glitzy chandelier hanging in front of a mirror! One of the design tricks that I love as it reflects the crystals and with that reflection has the appearance of double its size:~))
From pretty much every direction in the room and wherever you stand the chandelier reflected in the mirror draws you in.
A couple of warm grey throws and a sheepskin rug for accent to warm it all up. This room is flooded with morning light!
My curated collection on Amazon has some great fall items, so head on over HERE TO SHOP
I’ve added a round up of 30 inspiring blog posts from some friends today who live, love and craft in NEUTRAL DECOR. Please take a moment to visit these blogs and pin this post for later to come back for more!
- Coastal Farmhouse Fall Home Tour from Sand Dollar Lane
- Green and Neutral Fall Tablescape from North Country Nest
- Autumn Charm For Shelves from My Simple Home
- Farmhouse Fall Kitchen Decorating from Town And Country Living
- Blue And White Fall Living Room from Two Bees In A Pod
- Farmhouse Fall Kitchen from Our Southern Home
- Farmhouse Minimal Fall Tour from Homemade Lovely
- Pop Of Color Fall Tablescape from Timeless Creations
- Outdoor Fall Decorations from Julie Blanner
- Front Porch Ideas For Fall from The Honeycomb Home
- Early Fall Decorating Dining Room from Savvy Southern Style
- Rustic Centerpiece Bird Village from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Cotton And Berry Wreath Tutorial from Tag & Tibby
- Fall Pumpkin Topiary Tutorial from Inspiration For Moms
- Casual Coastal Fall Tablescape from Artsy Chicks Rule
- White Pumpkins Fall Mantel from Confessions Of A Plate Addict
- Simple Rusty Pumpkin Craft from Table & Hearth
- Fall Farmhouse Front Porch from Farmhouse On Boone
- Stunning Neutral Home Tour from Life On Virginia Street
- Navy And White Fall Living Room from A Burst Of Beautiful
- Create A Fall Centerpiece from Design Dazzle
- Into The Woods Fall Tablescape from Jeanne Oliver
- Farmhouse Fall Mini Home Tour from She Holds Dearly
- Autumn Wood Banner from The Inspiration Vault
- Warm And Cozy Fall Decor from Maison De Cinq
- Summer To Fall Dining Room from Fox Hollow Cottage
- Coasting Into Home Fall Tour from Sand And Sisal
- Fresh Ideas For Fall Tour from Decor Gold Designs
- Neutral Rustic Fall Tablescape from Our Crafty Mom
- Faux Pumpkin Fall Centerpiece from Unoriginal Mom
This post was last updated Sept 2019