I’m sharing several ideas today to repurpose flowers indoors that you already have. Whether they are flowers from the florist or your garden, find new ways to use them in this post!
Last weekend was a double whammy with Mother’s Day and our anniversary. It was so nice to have 3 deliveries from the florist in one day. I don’t know if that has ever happened before! One (in the red vase) was a dozen red roses from my traditional gifter husband. The other two were from my sweet daughters…thanks girlies! After a few days when I was about to change the water I thought why not mix things up?
How To Repurpose Flowers Indoors – My Best Tip!
Oftentimes it seems that our floral vases don’t fit for our flower arranging needs. I have had these three Chinoiserie orchid pots on my mantel for a couple of months now. Sadly the orchids were no longer in bloom, so it was time to move them. Did you know that orchids are air plants? Check out my post on How To Grow Orchids On Trees! I grabbed the pots after removing the orchids and placed jars inside to hold the flowers.
After filling the jars with water, I stabilized them with plastic grocery bags! Save those plastic bags from the landfill and reuse them when you repurpose flowers indoors!
Then I clipped and arranged my flowers, mixing the colors to coordinate between all three pots.
I think that they look so pretty and you could easily do a similar and repurpose garden flowers indoors…if you have them.
My French provincial living room has come to life with color!
Red really isn’t my preferred floral color. I created a separate arrangement with some of these and am enjoying them on the kitchen island. Repurpose flowers indoors by spreading out the florals in different rooms!
What do you do with your flowers after they have passed their prime? There are so many ways to repurpose flowers indoors, from creating art, new scents and even eating some of them!
Informative & Fun Tips For Repurposing Your Flowers
- Make a cake look beautiful with flowers! Just make sure that you know your source is organic like my favorite place to get gorgeous roses – Find them HERE (you will not be disappointed!) Read my CAKE DECORATING IDEAS with flowers!
- Flowers can be such a beautiful and tasty addition to food! I have a collection of 23 DRIED EDIBLE FLOWER RECIPES for you to ponder. My own favorites are using in salads (and as cake art).
- Don’t stop at potpourri and add dried flowers to self care products! Here are some that you might enjoy creating at home in SIMPLE SELF CARE PRODUCTS TO MAKE.
- Dry your flowers and repurpose your flowers indoors in displays and creative projects, like this DRIED FLOWER CHANDELIER.
- My friend Ann of On Sutton Place has an article about creating Pressed Flower Art that you might find useful.
If you need/want/crave PEONIES…my friends at Petal Driven are the place!
PIN THIS POST BELOW FOR YOUR REFERENCE LATER!
Visit my friends who are also sharing their INDOOR GARDENS & FLORALS posts