In this post I’m sharing the before and after of our stylish powder room renovation that I deem a success! With it’s modern coastal design it fits right into the updates in our beach home. I find it so satisfying to take a builder grade room and give it a whole new look, always keeping the budget in mind! Let’s take a look at the before, after, sources and some of what inspired me along the way!
As I mentioned in THIS recent post, we were remodeling all 3 bathrooms at the same time. It’s less expensive to get the work done that way in getting plumbers, electricians and tile contractors in. Here’s a little look at all 3 together, so you can see how they coordinate. Since this is a beach home, my goal was a more modern coastal design.
And below is the before (bleck!) which we lived with for 16 years before creating our stylish powder room renovation. Our second home always has more budget constraints and instead of traveling this year we spent the money here.
That being said, we hope to work on updating the flooring perhaps late this year. We would use LVP and lay it right over the builder grade tile. Everything in this room was builder grade, except for the accessories. So what did we do?
Stylish Powder Room Renovation
- Installed white beadboard on the half wall behind where the new cabinet would sit. My husband DIY’d it to save money.
- Took out the pedestal sink and replaced it with a free standing cabinet with a marble top and gold plumbing fixtures. I’ll link it below.
- Rewired electrical boxes and added new stylish elongated gold sconces
- Added an antique French mirror over the sink that I found on sale at an antique store that was closing.
- Replaced the toilet with a new comfort height style toilet.
- Painted the room with a fresh coat of Benjamin Moore White Dove (Aura) in a flat finish.
- A few fresh accessories have been added to the sink area and will be linked below.
While the stylish powder room renovation is mostly finished, there are some things that I’m still thinking about.
- Possibly wallpapering the room, or at least the back wall. Do you think it would look too busy?
- New flooring, but that will have to wait because I want to do the whole home.
- Area rug, which I now have and will bring to our beach place next time we visit. I purchased two small rugs from Dash & Albert, shown rolled up below. I’d love to know which one you prefer, the one with the cream or without?
Here is everything that we used in the bathroom (or similar) and you can shop by clicking on any image below
Do you have a powder room that you’re thinking of renovating? Here are some more inspiring and stylish powder room renovations!
PIN THIS POST FOR INSPIRATION!