These are certainly troubled times, but attitude can truly make most things more pleasurable when you’re self isolating. In this post you’ll find 10 simple ways to find joy and spread happiness each day!
It’s said that with the experiences of age comes wisdom. How many of us say “if I only knew then what I know now”! I’m definitely am much more in tune with living a fulfilled and happy life these days. Although I wouldn’t mind knocking the years back a bit if that were possible it would be with the knowledge that I have now. How do I find joy and happiness in the day to day, even with the world situation of a pandemic being downright frightening right now? I think that it basically boils down to attitude and gratitude and growing through the hard times. Living in the present, even if it’s not exactly how we think the plan should go. Find simple joy and spread happiness in the everyday. Be the day that you want to see.
10 Simple Ways To Find Joy & Spread Happiness- For You
- Get Out There – Be out in nature if you can and if not, open a window and let in the fresh air. It sounds simple enough but basking in the simple pleasure of the outdoors does wonders for the soul. While technology allows us to carry on virtually it is escalating anxiety with it’s access to information and misinformation as well. Get off your chair (and Facebook) and sit on your porch listening to the birds sing and nest. Pure joy!
- Work It Out – Exercise. Some of us love and some hate it. I’m somewhat in-between with actual working out, but a long walk is my favorite thing to do first thing in the morning. It clears my head and gives me so much inspiration. Some of my best blog articles are thought up while walking in our little forest! If you can’t get out then just 15 minutes of yoga along with some meditating can get your day started right.
- Do Something New – Have you always wanted to try a new hobby or perhaps learn a foreign language? When you are distancing yourself socially you might have the time to finally try something new, so go for it! Perhaps you’ll find a new passion? Find a purpose to your days!
- Cook Something New – This is something that I’ve been doing and I hope to share details soon. My husband and I have recently made a pledge to embark on a vegetarian diet, so my cooking is changing! We want to stay as healthy and medicine free for as long as possible. Our love of animals has also pushed us this way. One of our daughters does a lot of at home meal planning and prep. She’s shared some favorite recipes that I hope to share with you.
- Go Back To Childhood – It’s likely that none of us wants to be ten years old anymore. But think back to your childhood. What gave you intense joy to do? What lit a fire under you and made your innocent spirit fly? For me number one was always crafting things, making things and painting things. Lots of things…every day! I’ve recently shared more DIY crafty posts with you like THIS ONE and THIS ONE. Recognize your soul’s purpose!
If you are indeed looking for something new to try, how about improving your photography? I’ve just published a 30+ page eBook that I think you’ll find very helpful! It covers the basics of styling and taking better shots with your camera or smartphone.
FIND IT BELOW and just tap on I WANT THIS and pay the $5….boom, done and you’ll have it delivered immediately!
10 Simple Ways To Find Joy – For Others
- Check In – Have you called an old friend or even emailed them recently? Some folks are lonely right now, so spread joy and happiness with a quick “hello, how are you doing”?
- Help Out – When in quarantine we may feel helpless and not sure how to help others. With so many businesses having to shut down right now, consider helping share on social media. Consider your favorite bloggers and content creators, who provide everything for free. We are losing our sponsors who are pulling back spending and ad revenue is down. This is what many of us do for a living, a full time job! Please visit your favorite bloggers and websites as often as you can.
- Send A Gift – Make something for someone that you care for and mail it. If you’re not the crafty type you can find lots of inexpensive handmade goods on Etsy and have it shipped.
- Donate Locally – Places like the Goodwill donation center still seem to be operating around here. Clean out your closet and do some good. Do you know someone in need of toilet paper, soap or paper towels and have some to spare? Then you know what to do, I’m sure.
- Order Take-Out – With restaurants closing down, many are still staying open for take out and delivery. So important to help them out if you’re a regular and tip big!
Sharing this…If you’re cleaning and disinfecting your home, click HERE for the COVID-19 resources guide from the CDC.
“Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
PIN THIS POST TO REFER TO WHENEVER NEEDED